History at the University of Basel
Sustainability Research emerged in 2006 as one of three research groups (one in each of the three providing faculties on the then-created Master in Sustainable Development) from integrating the former foundation People Society Environment (MGU) into the University of Basel.
To offer the trifaculty Master of Sustainable Development (MSD), the group Sustainability Research collaborates especially with:
- The section Environmental and Energy Economics (Head: Prof. Dr. Frank Krysiak) within the Department of Economics
- The Program People Society Environment (MGU) (Head: Prof. Dr. Patricia Holm) within the Department of Life Sciences
- It participates with the Research Center for Sustainable Energy and Water Supply (FoNEW) (Head: Prof. Dr. Hannes Weigt).
- Additional partners include:
- FHNW (C.H. Daub);
- Urban Sociology (E. Macamo);
- Sociology (M. Bergman);
- Center for African Studies;
- Media Science (K. Neumann-Braun)
Sustainability Research belongs to the Department of Social Sciences.